Animal products E-cert is what we use to issue official government assurances for animal products, including dairy, that are exported from New Zealand.
At each step of the production process, operators need to add information to E-cert. At the end of the process, the exporter uses E-cert to apply for an export certificate (an official assurance as provided for in the Animal Products Act).
It is mandatory to use E-cert for some markets and strongly recommended for a number of others.
E-cert is password protected and new exporters and operators need to apply for access.
How to register
To use E-cert, your company must be one of the following:
- a registered exporter under the Animal Products Act 1999
- a business with a registered Risk Management Programme
- an export-approved premise
- acting as an agent for another company that is registered as one of the above.
You need to get company access first, then add access for individuals.
Find out more
The other 4 steps to exporting dairy
1. Meet New Zealand requirements
2. Check destination requirements
5. Apply for an export certificate
Who to contact
If you have questions about registering for E-cert for dairy exports, email firstname.lastname@example.org