Use Wine e-Cert
You must use Wine e-Cert for this step.
Remember, you need to register before you can use Wine e-Cert.
How to apply
Details are recorded in Wine e-Cert about the registration of lot or batches of wine for export, including:
- confirmation of relevant market access information, and
- request for sensory assessment, and
- analysis to meet market access requirements.
This information helps the exporter keep track of which batches are eligible for which markets, where it has been exported to and the balance of available eligible litres.
1. Complete an application
In Wine e-Cert, apply for export eligibility approval for each batch of your wine prior to export.
For each batch, you'll need to provide:
- details of the wine,
- information about your intended destination markets,
- a declaration by the applicant that the wine is free from obvious fault,
- confirmation of your wine's compliance with the requirements of your destination market.
It is important that the information is identical to label otherwise you will need to make additional alternative wine names.
A guide called Creating a batch for export eligibility is in Wine e-Cert if you need more information.
You can track the application status of each batch through Wine e-Cert.
2. Obtain a free from obvious fault declaration for your wine
A sensory evaluation and declaration of your wine must be completed by an experienced winemaker. Contact the Wine Assurance team for more information on how to complete a sensory declaration at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you need chemical analysis of your wine
Some overseas markets require an official assurance showing the chemical analysis of the wine. For these countries, a sample must be sent to an MPI-recognised laboratory.
Create a sample on Wine e-Cert and request chemistry testing. Choose a recognised laboratory for testing export wine and send a physical sample with the following details on the label:
- a wine test (WT) number from Wine e-Cert
- the wine company's name
- the vintage, variety, and lot/batch code of the wine being tested.
Once the following is complete, the batch will automatically assess for eligibility:
- all required information has been entered and checked,
- packaging/filling run details entered and checked,
- sensory declaration complete,
- testing is complete (if required).