On this page:
- How to register
- Our list of registered exporters
- If you're exporting organic meat
- The other steps to exporting meat
How to register
You can do this online.
Register as an exporter online using RealMe
Alternatively, you can complete one of these forms:
AP1 exporter registration form [PDF, 456 KB]
AP1 exporter registration form [DOCX, 357 KB]
Notes about registering
- You'll need to pay a registration fee each year.
- Registration applications are assessed according to requirements set out in section 54 of the Animal Products Act 1999.
- If you don't register with the Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI), you can use the services of an exporter who is already registered.
Section 54 of the Animal Products Act 1999 – NZ Legislation website
Register of animal product exporters
If you have questions about registering as an exporter, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Our list of registered exporters
When your application has been processed and approved by MPI, you will be added to our list of registered exporters. This list is available to the public.
Exporters register – animal products, including dairy
If you're exporting organic meat
If you want to export organic meat under the Official Organic Assurance Programme (OOAP), you must be registered as both an organics exporter and an animal products exporter. You need to register as an animal products exporter first.
You can register as an organics exporter online or complete the form.
Online exporter registration application using RealMe
Organic exporter registration – OP1 application form [DOCX, 355 KB]
Find out more
The other 4 steps to exporting meat
Who to contact
If you have questions about registering as a meat exporter, email email@example.com