4. Register for E-cert for egg exports
Register to use E-cert to track eggs from the time they're produced until they are exported. This is one of 5 steps for exporting eggs.
Animal Products E-cert is what MPI uses to issue official government assurances for animal products, including eggs, that are exported from New Zealand.
At each step of the production process, operators need to add information to E-cert. At the end of the process, the exporter uses E-cert to apply for official assurance or an export certificate.
It is mandatory to use E-cert for some markets and strongly recommended for all others.
E-cert is password-protected and new exporters and operators need to apply for access.
How to register
To use E-cert, your company must be one of the following:
- a registered exporter under the Animal Products Act 1999
- a business with a registered Risk Management Programme
- an export-approved premise
- acting as an agent for another company that is registered as one of the above.
You need to get company access first, then add access for individuals.