Fruit and vegetables
New Zealand exports fruit and vegetables around the world. Some fresh produce has to meet extra market requirements. MPI helps exporters meet phytosanitary (plant health) requirements when sending fruit and vegetables overseas.
Fruit and vegetables Sitemap
- Apples – extra requirements
- Pears & nashi to USA – extra requirements
- Summerfruit (stonefruit) – extra requirements
- Tomatoes (loose) to Australia – extra requirements
Export restrictions currently in place
Restrictions on the movement of fruit and vegetables remain in place around the Auckland suburb of Northcote in response to the detection of Queensland fruit flies.
Responsibilities of fruit and vegetable exporters
Exporters of fresh fruit and vegetables for human consumption are responsible for:
- meeting New Zealand's food safety requirements
- meeting the destination country requirements, such as phytosanitary, food safety, and quality grade requirements
- keeping the right records.
Who to contact
If you have questions about exporting fruit and vegetables, email email@example.com