3. Register as a meat exporter
One of the 5 steps to exporting meat from New Zealand is to register as an exporter. Find out how to register.
On this page:
- How to register
- Our list of registered exporters
- If you're exporting organic meat
- The other steps to exporting meat
You can do this online.
Alternatively, you can complete one of these forms:
Notes about registering
- You'll need to pay a registration fee each year.
- Registration applications are assessed according to requirements set out in section 54 of the Animal Products Act 1999.
- If you don't register with the Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI), you can use the services of an exporter who is already registered.
If you have questions about registering as an exporter, email firstname.lastname@example.org
When your application has been processed and approved by MPI, you will be added to our list of registered exporters. This list is available to the public.
If you want to export organic meat under the Official Organic Assurance Programme (OOAP), you must be registered as both an organics exporter and an animal products exporter. You need to register as an animal products exporter first.
You can register as an organics exporter online or complete the form.