Requirements documents for exporting processed food
A list of requirement documents you need to meet when exporting processed food.
Requirements will vary
The requirements you need to meet will depend on the destination market and the ingredients in your product. Not all ingredients will have access to all markets.
You may need to check several documents to find out everything you have to do:
- OMARs – overseas market access requirements
- ICPRs – an importing country's phytosanitary requirements
- FYIs – guidance documents for particular markets
You may also have to check:
You should also ask an importer in the export market to find out any in-market regulations.
World map to help you
Our interactive world map allows you to select your market and get links to the main documents you need.
Regulations and food code
- Food Notice: Food for Export - Exemptions from Domestic Compositional Requirements [PDF, 774 KB]
- Food Act 2014 – NZ Legislation website
- Food Standards Code – Food Standards Australia New Zealand website
We're making improvements to our feedback form and it's temporarily unavailable.
For urgent problems, call 0800 00 83 33 (NZ only)