Export market requirements world map
This interactive map is to help processed food exporters find the requirements of overseas markets. The map has links to OMARs (Overseas Market Access Requirements), ICPRs (Importing Country Phytosanitary Requirements), and other information for each market selected.
Find your market
Search for markets by name or click on an area of the map. Zoom in to find the names of particular markets or countries. When you select a market, a pop-up box will appear with links to the information you need.
Before you use the map, you need to be familiar with:
- OMARs – documents that detail an overseas market's access requirements. Many OMARs are password-protected. You'll need to apply to MPI for a password if you don't have one.
- ICPRs – these are an importing country's phytosanitary requirements. They detail the phytosanitary requirements (like pesticide treatments) that you must meet for plant products like vegetables and fruit.
- FYIs – are 'For Your Information' documents. Most of these are also password-protected. FYIs give guidance on exporting animal and animal products to a particular market. Not all markets have FYIs.
The map on this page has the export requirements for most markets. If there are no requirements listed on the map for your export market, work with your importer to find out what you have to do.
Feedback on the map
If you have used this map, we'd like to hear your comments or suggestions. Email feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org
What is processed food?
Processed food is also known as composite or multi-ingredient food. Examples of processed food include dietary supplements, fruit juice, chocolate, cereals, olive oil, and ready-to-eat meals.
Find out more
- Search for OMARs
- Find an ICPR
- Check animal product FYIs
- Check plant product FYIs
- Check OMAR notifications for animal products
- Get an overview of exporting
We're making improvements to our feedback form and it's temporarily unavailable.
For urgent problems, call 0800 00 83 33 (NZ only)