A list of requirements you need to meet when exporting processed food.
Requirements will vary
The requirements you need to meet will depend on the destination market and the ingredients in your product. Not all ingredients will have access to all markets.
You may need to check several documents to find out everything you have to do:
- OMARs – overseas market access requirements
- ICPRs – an importing country's phytosanitary requirements
- FYIs – guidance documents for particular markets
You may also have to check:
World map to help you
Our interactive world map allows you to select your market and get links to the main documents you need.
Regulations and code
- Food Hygiene Regulations 1974 – NZ Legislation website
- Food Act 2014 – NZ Legislation website
- Food Standards Code – Food Standards Australia New Zealand website
Has this been useful? Give us your feedback