A list of requirements you need to meet when exporting plant products.
Official assurance programmes
Plant export OAP documents are now password protected. Request a password
- Grower and production site registration application - cut flowers and foliage to the USA OAP [PDF, 77 KB]
- IVA registration application - cut flowers and foliage to the USA OAP [PDF, 23 KB]
- Packhouse/storage facility registration application - cut flowers and foliage to the USA OAP [PDF, 95 KB]
- Freight forwarder registration application - cut flowers and foliage to the USA OAP [PDF, 69 KB]
- Exporter registration application - cut flowers and foliage to the USA OAP [PDF, 94 KB]
- Preapproved procedure for onsite audit inspection - cutflowers and foliage to the USA OAP [PDF, 296 KB]
- Inspection Record - cutflowers and foliage to the USA OAP [PDF, 336 KB]
keywords: OAP, cut flowers, foliage, official assurance programme, phytosanitary compliance programme, USA, United States of America
Requirements for growers, survey personnel, exporters, and IVAs. Version 3.1
A registration fee is payable for this programme. Please contact email@example.com for details.
This document defines the export operational programme requirements for exporters of tree fern cuttings to enable MPI Phytosanitary certification to be issued for the entry of this plant material into the European Union.
Plant export certification standards
New standards from 1 June 2015
After consultation with the horticultural, forestry and arable sectors, MPI updated the standards for plant export phytosanitary certification. The new standards came into effect on 1 June 2015.
If your organisation wants to become an MPI-Approved Organisation (MAO) then you must meet the requirements of the new 2015 standards.
If you have any questions, contact your independent verification agency (IVA) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click the '+' next to the standard to view related documents.
This standard is one of a set of standards that comprise the Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI) export phytosanitary certification system.
This MPI standard sets out the requirements which must be met by an independent third party Supplier of plant pest identification services, to achieve and maintain recognition status provided by the Director. The obtaining of this status permits the holder to provide plant pest identifications of pests found in New Zealand grown produce where MPI export certification is required.
This standard specifies the requirements and format for the preparation of lists of pests associated with commodities (plants and plant products) intended for export.
This standard is one of a set of standards that comprise the MPI New Zealand export Certification System. This Standard specifies the Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI's) minimum technical requirements for the provision of seed varietal certification of seed for sowing.
Treatment Suppliers Programme - This standard sets out requirements that treatment suppliers seeking approval to operate under a quality management system and a programme of surveillance without direct IVA supervision for all treatments must follow.
- Framework Standard - What has changed? [PDF, 301 KB]
- IVA Standard - What has changed? [PDF, 327 KB]
- Appendix 1: Application for Approval as an MAO [PDF, 125 KB]
- Appendix 2: Template contract for approval of an organisation [PDF, 262 KB]
- Organisation Requirements Standard - What has changed? [PDF, 328 KB]
- Audit Standard - What has changed? [PDF, 274 KB]
- Certification mark for wood packaging standard - What has changed? [PDF, 299 KB]
- Guidance on compliance of ISPM 15 marks - Guidance [PDF, 951 KB]
- Pest Freedom Survey Standard - What has changed? [PDF, 277 KB]
- Phytosanitary Inspection Standard - What has changed? [PDF, 279 KB]
Has this been useful? Give us your feedback