Food recall documents
Documents for developing a food recall plan, conducting a recall, and preparing a recall notice or advertisement.
Read more about food recalls in these Acts:
- Food Act 2014 – Section 284, Recall of food or food-related accessory
- Animal Products Act 1999 – Section 85, Recall of animal material and animal product
- Agricultural Compounds and Veterinary Medicines Act 1997 – Section 35G, Recall of agricultural compound
- Wine Act 2003 – Section 14, Contents of and requirements for wine standards management plans.
Refer to MPI's recall guidance material for help to develop and use a food recall plan.
- Recall guidance material [PDF, 903 KB]
Templates can be adapted for your type of food business and included in your recall plan in case they're needed.
- Recall hazard/risk analysis form [PDF, 37 KB]
- Recall hazard/risk analysis form (Word) [DOCX, 67 KB]
- Food recall notice template – General products [DOCX, 23 KB]
- Food recall notice template – Allergen warning [DOCX, 24 KB]
- Food recall notice template – Point of sale [DOCX, 12 KB]
Has this been useful? Give us your feedback