Food safety registers and lists
Find details of operators, businesses, and individuals that are registered, recognised, approved, or listed under laws administered by MPI.
This section includes some lists not associated with or endorsed by MPI. These are provided for your convenience.
- ACVM register – Veterinary medicines, agricultural chemicals, and vertebrate toxic agents
Summary information for registered agricultural compound and veterinary medicine products.
- Animal material depots
All animal material depots listed with MPI.
- Animal products country listing – including Dairy
Approved premises and operators for different destination countries.
- Approved and recognised maintenance compounds – Dairy [XLSX, 93 KB]
Dairy maintenance compounds approved (for farms) or recognised (for processing plants) by MPI. Includes compounds for cleaning, sanitising, or maintenance.
- Approved halal organisations [PDF, 189 KB]
Halal organisations approved in New Zealand.
- Approved halal premises [PDF, 62 KB]
Halal premises approved in New Zealand.
- Approved maintenance compounds – Non-dairy
Summary information for approved non-dairy maintenance compounds.
- Approved manufacturers of official devices
MPI-approved manufacturers of official devices including brands, inspection legends, seals, and other devices.
- Approved quota compliance programmes
- Organisations with a quota compliance programme for dairy products intended for export to designated markets.
- Approved test methods [XLS, 304 KB]
Dairy testing methods approved by MPI.
- Auditor register – Food safety programmes
Auditors approved by MPI to audit food businesses operating food safety programmes.
- Authorised persons designated to sign MPI dairy export certificates
People authorised to sign certificates for the issuing of official assurances for dairy exports.
- Authorised persons designated to sign MPI organic animal product export certificates
People authorised to sign certificates for the issuing of official assurances for organic animal product exports.
Beekeepers who wish to supply honey to a risk management programme premises for export to countries for which official assurances are required.
- BMS – Depot operators
Depot operators authorised to store bivalve molluscan shellfish for commercial purposes.
- BMS – Harvest operators
Operators authorised to harvest bivalve molluscan shellfish for commercial purposes.
- BMS – Shellfish growing areas [PDF, 562 KB]
Growing areas classified for harvest of bivalve molluscan shellfish for human consumption.
- BMS – Sorting sheds
Sorting sheds authorised to sort bivalve molluscan shellfish for commercial purposes.
- BMS – Transport operators
Transporters authorised to transport bivalve molluscan shellfish for commercial purposes.
- BMS regulated control scheme list of certified samplers [PDF, 513 KB]
Bivalve molluscan shellfish regulated control scheme list of certified samplers.
- Certified suppliers of wild/game estate animals
All certified suppliers of wild/game estate animals.
- Consultants – Risk management programme
People who provide independent consultancy services for the Animal Products Act and Food Act regimes.
- Consultants – Veterinary medicines and agricultural chemicals
People who provide independent consultancy services for veterinary medicines and agricultural chemicals.
- Dairy specialists and farm dairy assessors
Recognised dairy evaluators and verifiers.
- Evaluators – Animal products
Recognised persons accredited to evaluate risk management programmes.
- Exempt winemakers
Winemakers exempted from the requirement to register a wine standards management plan.
- Export approved premises
Premises approved for animal products intended for export.
- Exporters register
All exporters registered to export animal products, including dairy.
- Fish names [PDF, 762 KB]
Scientific, New Zealand common, Maori, and foreign common names of commercial fish species.
- Fishing vessels supplying European Union listed processing premises
All New Zealand fishing vessels (other than processing or freezer vessels) supplying European Union listed processing premises.
- Food Act 2014 – Recognised agencies
Companies and sole traders that are recognised under the Food Act 2014 to perform specialist functions and activities, including verification and evaluation.
- Food Act 2014 – Recognised persons
Individuals recognised under the Food Act 2014 to perform specialist functions and activities, including verification and evaluation.
- Food Act 2014 – Register of food control plans and businesses operating under a national programme
Public register of food control plans and food businesses subject to a national programme.
- Food Act 2014 – Registered food importers
Public register of people importing food for the purpose of sale.
- Food Act programme and food labelling consultants
People who provide independent consultancy services for the Animal Products Act and Food Act regimes.
- Food safety programmes (FSP)
Food businesses operating food safety programmes registered before 1 March 2016 under the Food Act 1981.
- Further (pet food) processors
All further (pet food) processors.
- Game estates
All game estates listed under the Animal Products Act 1999.
- Hazard database
Hazards listed by food type.
- Homekill and recreational catch service providers
People who undertake homekill or recreational catch services on behalf of animal owners or recreational hunters and fishers.
- Imported live animals (password-protected)
Lists of all imported live animals and the owners with responsibility for live animals.
- Industry associations
Industry associations that can help develop a risk management programme or food control plan.
- Limited processing fishing vessels
Fishing vessels whose operation is restricted to washing, scaling, gutting, deheading, tubing, tailing, chilling, freezing, storage, packing, or transport of fish material or fish product for human consumption.
- Listed data assessors
People listed as competent to provide data assessment reports for applications to register trade name products under the ACVM Act.
- Manufacturers of veterinary medicines and vertebrate toxic agents
Manufacturers of veterinary medicines and vetebrate toxic agents approved under the ACVM Act.
- Maximum residue levels for agricultural compounds
Information on meeting maximum residue level (MRL) requirements for agricultural compounds in New Zealand.
- MPI register of alternative premises and equipment designs for farm dairies [XLS, 32 KB]
- Novel technologies and alternative premises and equipment designs that do not meet the requirements of NZCP1 but have been assessed as to be suitable for use in farm dairies.
- MPI-recognised pesticide laboratories for plant products [PDF, 363 KB]
A list of laboratories recognised by MPI as competent to analyse pesticide residues in plant products.
- NMD – Approved samplers
Approved samplers for the National Microbiological Database.
- NMD – Certified trainers
Certified trainers for the National Microbiological Database.
- Organic exporters
Details of New Zealand organic exporters.
- Organics third party agency register
Details of organics third party agencies.
- Raw Milk for Sale to Consumers Regulation 2015 – Registered depot operators
List of businesses/people storing Regulated Control Scheme (RCS) raw milk for the purpose of sale.
- Raw Milk for Sale to Consumers Regulation 2015 – Registered farm dairy operators
List of businesses/people producing and processing Regulated Control Scheme (RCS) raw milk for the purpose of sale.
- Recognised agencies – Verification under the Wine Act 2003
Organisations recognised to manage and supply functions and activities under the Wine Act 2003.
- Recognised laboratories for export wine analysis
Laboratories recognised by MPI under the Wine Act 2003 for analysing export wines.
- Recognised laboratory programme (RLP) laboratories
Laboratories approved to carry out tests associated with live animals, animal material, or animal products.
- Recognised persons – Wine verifiers
People recognised under the Wine Act to undertake verification activities.
- Recognised verification agencies – Animal products including dairy [PDF, 430 KB]
Recognised verification agencies for all animal products, including dairy.
- Regulated control scheme – Transport operators
Transport service operators and vehicle docking facility operators registered by MPI.
- Restricted veterinary medicines sellers [PDF, 325 KB]
Sellers of restricted veterinary medicines (RVMs) must operate under an MPI-approved operating plan.
- Risk management programmes – Animal products (including-dairy)
A list of risk management programmes for all animal products including dairy.
- Substances generally recognised as safe (GRAS)
The GRAS register includes substances that are in the ACVM (Exemptions and Prohibited Substances) Regulations 2011.
- Unique location identifiers – Dairy
Unique identification codes for manufacturing and storage locations or premises within a risk management programme.
- Verifiers – Animal products
People assessed as competent to verify risk management programmes and/or premises operating under a regulated control scheme.
- Veterinary authorised persons designated to sign MPI dairy export certificates
People authorised to issue dairy veterinary export certificates.
- Veterinary authorised/authorised persons designated to sign MPI fish export certificates
People authorised to issue fish export certificates (excluding live animals and genetic material).
- Veterinary authorised/authorised persons designated to sign MPI live animal exports and germplasm certificates
People authorised to issue veterinary export certificates for live animals (excluding live animals certified as food) and germplasm.
- Veterinary authorised/authorised persons designated to sign MPI meat export certificates
People authorised to issue veterinary export certificates (excluding live animals, cats and dogs to Australia, genetic material, and seafood).
- Wharf registrations
Unless covered by a registered risk management programme, wharf operators have to be registered under the Animal Products (Regulated Control Scheme – Handling of Animal Products and Animal Material at Wharves) Notice 2009.
- Wine exporters
Exporters registered under the Wine Act 2003 to export non-grape wine and wine not made in New Zealand.
- Wine standards management plans (WSMPs)
Most winemakers must operate under a WSMP. Those that are exempt are listed separately.
Has this been useful? Give us your feedback