What will PSLU do?
PSLU will help ensure:
- farmers and other land users can meet environmental standards and remain prosperous
- every farmer has a way to achieve these goals, including changing land use if necessary
- any impact of changing land use on land users, their families, and communities is managed in a just and sustainable way.
Download a printable fact sheet on PSLU [PDF, 784 KB]
How will it help?
PSLU will help land owners, businesses, and Māori decide the best way to boost productivity on their farm and improve the health of our environment.
The package will provide the assistance farmers and growers are looking for to help them optimise their land use. This includes:
- on-the-ground help to support on-farm changes
- information about other land-use options
- advice and support from professional farm advisers
- help with the development of higher value food and fibre products
- greater focus on farmer-led approaches, with farmers driving the change and sharing their knowledge with other farmers.
How will PSLU work?
PSLU will have 6 parts to help farmers and growers make informed decisions.
Providing on-the-ground support to 2,200 farmers over 4 years to improve their land-use practices.
Primary industry advisers
Supporting the development of a training and qualification framework for professional farm advisers. This will help ensure farmers and growers can access advice they can trust and which meets their needs.
Primary Industry Advisory Services
Supporting Māori landowners and agribusinesses to realise greater value from their land in a way that works for them.
Monitoring and benchmarking
Improving on-farm emissions data and monitoring, and increasing the number of primary sectors covered.
Decision-support tools including Overseer
Improving and developing decision-support tools for farmers to help them manage their business and their impacts on the environment. This includes improving soil mapping and assessing and improving Overseer so that it can be used more effectively.
Read more about the Overseer model and improvements
Read about the 2020 technical review of Overseer
Market access and export systems
Protecting high-value food exports, and updating New Zealand’s official assurance systems.
Who to contact
For information and advice on how to move towards more productive and sustainable land practices email email@example.com