Crown quota and ACE tenders
Crown-held quota and annual catch entitlement (ACE) are transferred to commercial fishers through public tender. Find out about the tender process and results of previous tender rounds.
About Crown-held quota and ACE
The Crown is one of the largest quota owners. Crown-held quota and ACE are transferred to commercial fishers through public tender.
Tender for quota or ACE
All tenders for Crown-held quota and ACE are run by FishServe, on our behalf. Information about each tender round and the tender process is provided in the news section of FishServe's website once tenders open. To find out when tenders open, follow FishServe on Facebook or Twitter (@fishserve), or ask to be put on the FishServe tender contact list.
When tenders are offered
ACE tenders are held early in the fishing year – usually in November.
Quota tenders may occur at any time, but are usually held around the middle of the year.
Reserve price set for quota tenders
We set a reserve price for quota tenders, but not ACE tenders. Before tenders are assessed, reserve prices are calculated for each stock using all available information, including current market prices. Reserve prices aren't made public.
Make an offer for remaining ACE
After an ACE tender round is completed, you can make an ad-hoc offer to us for any remaining ACE by contacting FishServe.
View tender results
Crown-held quota tenders
Tender results include the:
- number of shares tendered for each stock (out of a total of 100 million shares per stock)
- number of offers accepted by Fisheries New Zealand for each stock (offers above the reserve price)
- price per share (total bid price divided by number of shares bid for) and number of shares accepted
- ACE equivalent (kg) based on the Total Allowable Commercial Catch (TACC) at the time.
- Quota tenders 2014 [PDF, 187 KB]
- Quota tenders 2013 [PDF, 190 KB]
- Quota tenders 2012 [PDF, 189 KB]
- Quota tenders 2011 [PDF, 206 KB]
- Quota tenders 2010 [PDF, 218 KB]
Tender results include the:
- amount of ACE tendered for each stock (in kg)
- number of offers accepted by Fisheries New Zealand for each stock
- bid price for each successful offer
- amount accepted (in kg).
- ACE tenders 2018-02 [PDF, 60 KB]
- ACE tenders 2018-01 [PDF, 50 KB]
- ACE tenders 2017-01 [PDF, 265 KB]
- ACE tenders 2016-02 [PDF, 197 KB]
- ACE tenders 2016-01 [PDF, 211 KB]
- ACE tenders 2014 [PDF, 204 KB]
- ACE tenders 2013 [PDF, 198 KB]
- ACE tenders 2012 [PDF, 201 KB]
- ACE tenders 2011 [PDF, 213 KB]
- ACE tenders 2010 [PDF, 210 KB]
Who to contact
If you have questions about Crown-held quota or ACE tenders, contact FishServe
We're making improvements to our feedback form and it's temporarily unavailable.
For urgent problems, call 0800 00 83 33 (NZ only)