Resources for importing aquatic animals
A list of publications, documents, and guidance to help you understand and meet your obligations when importing Aquatic animals.
- Transport within New Zealand – Animal Welfare Code of Welfare [PDF, 487 KB]
- Circuses - Animal Welfare Codes of Welfare [PDF, 358 KB]
- Fitness for transport guidance poster [PDF, 2447 KB]
- Fitness for transport guidance brochure [PDF, 1653 KB]
- Transport within New Zealand – Review of Submissions and Update – Animal Welfare Code of Welfare 2011 [PDF, 96 KB]
- Code of Recommendations and Minimum Standards for the Sea Transport of Sheep from New Zealand [PDF, 38 KB]
Anyone who is organising or is responsible for animals being transported must be aware of the following codes of welfare and comply with the minimum standards in the codes and the general provisions of the <a href="http://www.legislation.govt.nz/act/public/1999/0142/latest/DLM49664.html">Animal Welfare Act 1999.</a>
This code sets out the responsibilities of all persons undertaking the transport of all live animals within New Zealand in all forms of conveyance whether on land, in domestic airspace or New Zealand territorial and inland waters (including shipping to and from the Chatham Islands).
This code applies to all live animals (terrestrial and aquatic) being transported within New Zealand in all forms of conveyance. The code does not apply to the export of animals from New Zealand.
Has this been useful? Give us your feedback