Proposed Animal Products Notice: Dairy Processing Specifications
The Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI) has previously been informed that dairy legislation is difficult to find and can be hard to understand. Suggestions for improvement included making clear what is guidance and what is a requirement, along with making sure all relevant information was available in one place.
What's being proposed?
MPI proposes consolidating 8 documents into one Notice. This Notice is intended to reflect the current requirements and add clarity where required. Guidance material has been removed from the proposed Notice. Full details are in the discussion document.
We want your feedback about the proposed Notice. The consultation runs from 5 November 2018 to 25 January 2019.
- Discussion Document Dairy Processing Specification [PDF, 267 KB]
- Draft Animal Products Notice: Dairy Processing Specifications [PDF, 1.5 MB]
- A table tracking clauses in the draft Notice back to existing documents [PDF, 11 MB]
Making your submission
MPI invites you to comment on the proposed Notice by 5pm on 25 January 2019.
Email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org
To help you give feedback, we encourage you to use the submission template. This will also help us analyse submissions.
- Submission template [DOCX, 74 KB]
While we prefer email, you can post written submissions to:
Animal Products Notice: Dairy Processing Specifications Consultation
Ministry for Primary Industries
PO Box 2526
What to include in your submission
Make sure your submission includes:
- your name and title
- your company's name, if applicable
- your address and contact details (phone, fax, and email)
- the section, title, or clause your comments refer to, if applicable
- comments describing the issue with the current clause
- the proposed amendment (optional).
Submissions are public information
Note, that any submission you make becomes public information. People can ask for copies of submissions under the Official Information Act 1982 (OIA). The OIA says we have to make submissions available unless we have a good reason for withholding it. That is explained in sections 6 and 9 of the OIA.
Tell us if you think there are grounds to withhold specific information in your submission. Reasons might include that it's commercially sensitive or it's personal information. However, any decision MPI makes to withhold information can be reviewed by the Ombudsman, who may tell us to release it.
Has this been useful? Give us your feedback