2009 Agricultural Inventory Advisory Panel meeting
Information about the 2009 meeting of the Agricultural Inventory Advisory Panel – an independent group of experts who meet to assess proposed improvements to the Agricultural Greenhouse Gas Inventory.
Three adjustments to the Agricultural Greenhouse Gas Inventory were presented at the inaugural meeting of the Agricultural Inventory Advisory Panel:
- calculating dairy emissions using regional data rather than national averages
- changing how the uncertainty for enteric fermentation is calculated
- adopting a country specific value of 0.1 for FracGASM and FracGASF (nitrous oxide emissions).
All changes were approved and were incorporated into the Agricultural Greenhouse Gas Inventory for the 2010 submission.
Find out more
2009 panel meeting minutes and recommendations
- 2009 Agricultural Greenhouse Gas Inventory Advisory Panel meeting minutes [PDF, 145 KB]
- 2009 Agricultural Inventory Advisory Panel paper recommendations [PDF, 124 KB]
2009 summary papers and technical reports
Regionalisation of dairy emissions
- Panel briefing: Regionalisation of dairy emissions [PDF, 71 KB]
- Report on a comparison of greenhouse gas emissions from the NZ sector calculated using either a national or a regional approach [PDF, 511 KB]
Amending the value of estimated uncertainty of enteric fermentation
- Panel briefing: Enteric fermentation uncertainty [PDF, 62 KB]
- Report on reducing uncertainty of the enteric methane emissions inventory [PDF, 596 KB]
Adopting country specific fractions FracGASM and FracGASF
- Panel briefing: FracGASM and FracGASF [PDF, 106 KB]
- Review of New Zealand-specific FracGASM and FracGASF emissions factors [PDF, 401 KB]
We're making improvements to our feedback form and it's temporarily unavailable.
For urgent problems, call 0800 00 83 33 (NZ only)