Approved criteria for dairy manufacturing RMP or FCP
If you operate under a risk management programme (RMP) or Food Control Plan (FCP), or you verify or audit them, you can use approved criteria as a reference for technical information.
Using approved criteria
Approved criteria have been developed to:
- help manufacturers with the technical content of their dairy RMP, FSP or FCP
- serve as a reference for auditors and verifiers of RMPs and FSPs or FCPs
- help anyone assessing or recognising people or agencies to verify or audit dairy products
- help anyone approving chemicals under the Animal Products Act (APA) 1999.
Alternatively, manufacturers may also adopt a code of practice (COP) to show that risks are being appropriately managed in their process.
Find out more about COPs:
Links to approved criteria for dairy
Refer to the approved criteria documents for dairy manufacturing requirements:
- DPC1: Approved criteria for general dairy processing [PDF, 224 KB]
- DPC 2: Animal Products (Dairy): Approved criteria for farm dairies [PDF, 221 KB]
- DPC3: Approved criteria for manufacturing dairy material and product [PDF, 275 KB]
- DPC 4: Animal Products (Dairy): Approved criteria for storage and transportation of dairy material and products [PDF, 74 KB]
We're making improvements to our feedback form and it's temporarily unavailable.
For urgent problems, call 0800 00 83 33 (NZ only)