Managing risk for seafood
Find out which risk management measures apply to your operation, so you can meet your legal obligation to provide safe and suitable food.
To meet your food safety requirements, you will need to have a plan or programme for your business procedures.
Depending on your business, you may need to operate under:
- a risk management programme (RMP)
- a Food Control Plan (FCP), or
- the Food Hygiene Regulations 1974.
The codes of practice (COPs) for Processing of seafood product and Rendering can help you prepare a successful RMP. These COPs were developed by MPI in consultation with the seafood industry.
Find out about the food safety requirements for seafood:
- Operating under the Food Act
- Risk management programmes
- Food Control Plans
- Food Hygiene Regulations
- Codes of practice for seafood
Find out more about developing and implementing your programme or plan:
- General requirements and programmes
Has this been useful? Give us your feedback