Stores (cold and dry) for seafood
Stand-alone operators who store seafood before it is exported must meet specific requirements, depending on the market.
The cold and dry storage of animal products is classified as secondary processing under the Animal Products Act 1999.
Learn about requirements for cold and dry stores and the code of practice (COP) for them:
Temperature control of stored seafood
The requirements for fish and shellfish are the same as for other animal products, except for some specific temperature requirements for storing seafood.
These are described in the COP for cold and dry stores:
- Part 1: Overview [PDF, 101 KB]
- Part 2: Good operating practice [PDF, 281 KB]
- Part 2, Schedule 1: Specification for operator supply of potable water [DOCX, 84 KB]
- Part 3: HACCP application and identification and control of other risk factors [PDF, 147 KB]
- Part 4: RMP template [PDF, 420 KB] (entire document pdf)
- Part 4: RMP template [PDF, 100 KB] (form only)
- Part 4: RMP template [DOCX, 29 KB] (entire document word)
- Approval for code of practice for cold and dry stores [PDF, 65 KB]
Has this been useful? Give us your feedback