Plant Pest Information Network
The Plant Pest Information Network (PPIN) is a national database for the collection, management, and dissemination of plant pest surveillance information.
The Plant Pest Information Network (PPIN) is a national database that contains plant pests found in New Zealand during MPI’s surveillance activities and those reported by scientists. PPIN doesn’t include pests found during border inspections or in quarantine.
- Not all organisms present in New Zealand are recorded in PPIN
- Not all organisms that have been detected and subsequently eradicated are recorded.
- Not all known hosts and locations for an organism are recorded.
- Some records (e.g. historical records) have not been validated.
- Name changes and synonyms must be considered when searching the database.
PPIN is maintained by MPI’s Plant Health and Environment Laboratory (PHEL).
Has this been useful? Give us your feedback