The purpose of Jobs for Nature
- Provide up to 11,000 jobs and economic support for people and communities in New Zealand, while ensuring environmental benefits.
- Get money and support as quickly as possible to people and communities to assist the COVID-19 recovery.
The funds will be used to:
- improve freshwater (for example, fence waterways, water reticulation, and riparian management)
- improve biosecurity (for example, weed and pest control)
- enhance biodiversity on public and private land (for example, by planting native species).