Food safety rules
Find out the food safety rules you need to follow when making or selling food.
A tool to help you with food safety rules
If you have a food business or activity, there are rules you will need to follow. The "My Food Rules" tool will ask questions to help you find out what you need to do.
After you answer the questions:
- You’ll get the right information about the plan or programme you need to use.
- You’ll find out where to register your business or activity.
- We’ll tell you who can verify your business or activity.
Using the tool
- The tool will ask you a series of questions that tell us what activities you do and how you do them.
- It will take up to 15 minutes to complete.
Most questions are multi-choice. For some, more than one answer will apply to you. Choose as many categories as needed.
- There is a progress bar so you know how far through the tool you are. If you see the bar jump back, don’t worry. It only means we need to ask you a few more questions to give you the right information.
Who to contact
If you have questions about the 'My Food Rules' tool, email firstname.lastname@example.org