Requirement documents for importing poultry
A list of requirement documents you need to meet when importing poultry.
Avian influenza outbreaks
There are no current avian influenza notifications for these products.
Import health standards
- Animal products that have undergone third country processing - Import Health Standard Guidance Document [PDF, 721 KB]
- Thailand sample certificate for dried or retorted petfood of New Zealand or eligible countries origin [PDF, 2902 KB]
- Fiji sample certificate for canned beef of Australia or New Zealand origin [PDF, 613 KB]
- Fresh, chilled and frozen salmonid products processed in Thailand - Health Certificate [PDF, 181 KB]
- Approved Source Country Salmonid Products Processed in the Philippines - Health Certificate [PDF, 561 KB]
- Canned New Zealand beef for human consumption processed in Thailand - Health Certificate [PDF, 75 KB]
- Honey and other apiculture products intended for human consumption from Canada - Sample Veterinary Certificate [PDF, 59 KB]
- Products for human consumption containing poultry meat of New Zealand origin - Zoosanitary certificate [PDF, 127 KB]
keywords: heameaic.aus, fresh, frozen, freeze-dried, de-hydrated, rehydration, heat and eat, heat n eat, ready cooked, tramping, meat, poultry, beef, pork, dairy, chicken
Updated 6 August 2020
keywords: heameaic.spe, fresh, frozen, freeze-dried, de-hydrated, rehydration, heat and eat, heat n eat, ready cooked, tramping, meat, poultry, beef, pork, dairy, chicken
keywords: specprod.all, cooked, meat, stock powders, cubes, floss, ingredients dry soup mixes, camping food, instant noodle flavourings, beef, products, salami, cervine, deer, moose, elk, velvet, sheep, goat, caprine, pig, pork, bacon, ham, jerky, biltong, crackling, mammalian, camp, kangaroo, reptiles, alligator, alligators, crocodile, crocodiles, possum, possums, sausage, casings, collagen, egg, coffee, tea, infant, baked, desserts, confectionery, cakes, biscuits, crackers, bread, moon, pudding, sauce, protein powder, salad dressing, pasta, noodles, gelatine, gelatine, chicken, fish, retort, canned, retorted, floss, can, stock, instant food, camping, soup, broth, concentrate, extract, fat, flavours, tallow, beef, rabbit, velvet, casings, private consignment, baking, mixes, mixtures, Fo3, jello, casein, whey, tin, mooncake, moon cake, private, bird nest, canned, can, birds nest, soup, composite, enzymes, microorganisms, probiotic, cultures, starters, yoghurt, rennet, bile, bile derivatives, concentrated bile, emu, lipase, pancreatin, pepsin, trypsin, dietary supplements, therapeutic, cordyceps, Chinese medicines, homeopathic medicines
keywords: meapouic.aus, chicken
keywords: ediproic, ediproic.all, dairy, dairy samples, infant formula, baby milk, manjar, clarified butter, dairy, cheese, ghee, butter, powdered milk, liquid milk, dairy, milk, yoghurt, dulce de leche
- Turkey Meat and Meat Products from Approved Countries - Import Health Standard Guidance Document [PDF, 299 KB]
- Turkey Meat and Meat Products from EU (Spain) – Veterinary Certificate [PDF, 662 KB]
- Turkey Meat and Meat Products (excluding carcasses) from EU - Veterinary Certificate [PDF, 151 KB]
- Turkey Meat and Turkey Meat Products - Risk Management Proposal [PDF, 327 KB]
- Importation of Turkey Meat, and Turkey Meat Products from the United States - Sample certificate. Note: This certificate does not cover whole carcasses or cuts of meat that may contain adherent viscera such as breast meat with back bone attached, or thighs with back bone attached. [PDF, 358 KB]
keywords: pouturic.gen, poultry
The purpose of this Notice is to set exogenous contaminant specifications for animal material and animal products intended for human consumption.
The Animal Products Notice: Specifications for Products Intended for Human Consumption applies to operators and other specified persons supplying and processing animal product for human consumption under the Animal Products Act 1999.
This notice sets out the requirements for importing food into New Zealand. The requirements in this notice applies regardless of any other requirements imposed for biosecurity purposes.