Animal feeds of plant origin
Animal feeds and dietary supplements need to meet specific requirements to enter New Zealand. Requirements vary depending on the type of product and the country of origin. The requirements prevent unwanted diseases and pests from entering New Zealand, and reduce risks to public health, animal welfare and trade.
Importers of animal feed of plant origin need to meet legal obligations under Acts and standards, including the:
- import health standard (IHS) for importing processed animal feeds of plant origin
- Agricultural Compounds and Veterinary Medicines (Exemptions and Prohibitioned Substances) Regulations 2011
- Biosecurity (Ruminant Protein) Regulations 1999
- Biosecurity Act 1993.
Who to contact
If you have questions about:
- importing animal feeds, email email@example.com
- ACVM animal feed requirements, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Has this been useful? Give us your feedback