Importing fish bait & fish food
Fish bait and fish food need to meet strict regulatory requirements to enter New Zealand. Requirements can vary for each item and depend on the country of origin.
Importers need to meet legal obligations under the:
- import health standard (IHS) for importing fish food and fish bait
- Agricultural Compounds and Veterinary Medicines (Exemptions and Prohibited Substances) Regulations 2011
- Biosecurity (Ruminant Protein) Regulations 1999
- Animal Products Act 1999 (if you intend to re-export)
- Biosecurity Act 1993.
Who to contact
- If you have questions about importing fish food and fish bait, email email@example.com.
- Agricultural Compounds and Veterinary Medicines (ACVM) requirements, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We're making improvements to our feedback form and it's temporarily unavailable.
For urgent problems, call 0800 00 83 33 (NZ only)