Maps of NZ fisheries
Maps of New Zealand fisheries including, commercial fishing, customary fisheries and marine protected areas.
- Commercial fishing – all methods
- Commercial fishing – trawl
- Customary fisheries management areas
- Recreational fishing (amateur and charter fishing vessels)
- Marine protected areas
ONLINE PORTAL LAUNCHED 29 JANUARY 2020
Data coordinates for commercial fishing regulations
The online portal allows public access to data relating to the commercial fishing regulations.
Updated data sets include coordinates for fisheries management areas, general statistical areas, and quota management areas.
The portal also has regulation information on current:
- commercial fishing regulations (including closed seamount areas and PSH 71A approvals)
- benthic protection areas
- fishery notices (including temporary closures that are not S186 closures)
- marine reserves Type 1
- marine mammal sanctuary (one area closed for set netting)
- ministerial decisions
- submarine cables and pipeline protection zones.
The portal also has links to other government data relevant to the fishing industry. They include links to Land Information New Zealand (Exclusive Economic Zone and Topo50 Coastline) and the Department of Conservation (Marine Mammal Sanctuaries).
Data sets can be downloaded in several formats, such as Shapefile, KML, CSV and others. All data sets include full metadata. A step-by-step user guide is available to help you download the files.
- Download a larger, printer-friendly version [PDF, 17 MB]
- Download a larger, printer-friendly version [PDF, 16 MB]
- Download a larger, printer-friendly version [PDF, 2.7 MB]
- Download a larger, printer-friendly version [PDF, 7.7 MB]
- Download a larger, printer-friendly version [PDF, 7.1 MB]