Consultation on Next Steps for Freshwater
Your views sought
The Government is seeking feedback on proposed changes to the way freshwater is managed.
This is a joint consultation between the Ministry for Primary Industries and the Ministry for the Environment.
The 5 key areas we want your views on are:
- amending the National Policy Statement on Freshwater Management to improve national direction
- excluding stock from water bodies through regulation
- the more efficient use of freshwater and good management practice
- iwi rights and interests in freshwater
- setting up the 'Next Steps for Freshwater Improvement Fund'.
The document Next Steps for Freshwater sets out the Government's proposals and provides background information. It can be downloaded from the Ministry for the Environment's (MfE) website.
Public events and hui
Public events and hui will be held throughout the country to provide further information on the detail of the proposed reforms.
Making your submission
Find out how to make a submission on the Ministry for the Environment website:
Find out more
Who to contact
If you have questions about this consultation, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We're making improvements to our feedback form and it's temporarily unavailable.
For urgent problems, call 0800 00 83 33 (NZ only)