Draft IHS for importing natural sausage casings
The final import health standard (IHS) was issued 10 August 2016.
- Import Health Standard: Natural Sausage Casings [PDF, 403 KB]
- Guidance Document: Natural Sausage Casings [PDF, 390 KB]
- Risk Management Proposal: Natural Sausage Casings [PDF, 306 KB]
- WTO notification Addendum 1 - G/SPS/N/NZL/521 [PDF, 33 KB]
- Final Review of Submissions [PDF, 104 KB]
Consultation closed and a provisional IHS was issued 22 July 2016. Authorised people had 10 days from this date to ask for an independent review under section 24 of the Biosecurity Act 1993.
- Provisional Import Health Standard: Natural Sausage Casings [PDF, 446 KB]
- Provisional Guidance Document: Natural Sausage Casings [PDF, 424 KB]
- Provisional Risk Management Proposal: Natural Sausage Casings [PDF, 362 KB]
- Provisional Review of Submissions [PDF, 310 KB]
Background to consultation
The New Zealand Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI) must consult with interested parties in accordance with section 23 of the Biosecurity Act 1993 (the Act) and MPI's consultation policy before issuing or amending (other than of minor or urgent nature) import health standards (IHS) under sections 24A and 24B of the Act.
An IHS specifies import requirements that must be met either in the country of origin or of export, or during transit, before biosecurity clearance can be given for the goods to enter New Zealand. MPI must ensure that these requirements are technically justified and provide an appropriate level of biosecurity protection.
Draft IHS and supporting documents
A draft IHS for importing natural sausage casings was issued for public consultation and comment:
- Draft Import Health Standard: Natural Sausage Casings [PDF, 313 KB]
Additional information is available in the:
- Draft Risk Management Proposal: Natural Sausage Casings [PDF, 248 KB]
- Draft Import Risk Analysis: Supplementary import risk analysis: Sausage casings of bovine and porcine origin [PDF, 1 MB]
- Draft Guidance Document: Natural Sausage Casings [PDF, 288 KB]
- WTO notification – G/SPS/N/NZL/521 [PDF, 52 KB]
How to make a submission
Comments on the draft documents should be sent to MPI by close of business on 14 September 2015. MPI prefers to get submissions by email to email@example.com.
However, written submissions can also be posted to:
Animal Imports: Natural Sausage Casings Consultation
Animal and Animal Products Directorate
Regulation and Assurance Branch
Ministry for Primary Industries
PO Box 2526
Fax: +64 4 894 0733
Make sure you include in your submission:
- the title of this discussion document
- your name and title
- your organisation's name (if you are submitting on behalf of an organisation)
- your contact details (for example, phone number, address and email).
Submissions received by the closure date will be considered for the final issue of this import health standard. Submissions received after the closure date may be held on file for consideration when the issued standard is next revised or reviewed.
Submissions are public information
Note, that your submission is public information. Submissions may be the subject of requests for information under the Official Information Act 1982 (OIA). The OIA specifies that information is to be made available to requesters unless there are sufficient grounds for withholding it, as set out in the OIA. Submitters may wish to indicate grounds for withholding specific information contained in their submission, such as the information is commercially sensitive or they wish personal information to be withheld. Any decision to withhold information requested under the OIA is reviewable by the Ombudsman.
Has this been useful? Give us your feedback