Read the submissions on the proposed National Environmental Standard for Marine Aquaculture. Consultation closed on 8 August 2017.
MPI consulted on a proposed National Environmental Standard for Marine Aquaculture (NES: Marine Aquaculture) from 4 June 2017 to 8 August 2017. A total of 107 formal submissions were received. These submissions are available to download on this page.
During consultation, MPI held 18 public meetings and hui on the proposed NES: Marine Aquaculture. Feedback received at these meetings has been considered alongside formal submissions. A range of other feedback is also being considered as we revise the proposal to address issues raised through consultation.
Redactions have been made to the documents consistent with the Official Information Act 1982 (OIA). Email addresses, phone numbers and addresses of submitters have been withheld under section 9(2)(a) of the OIA, to protect people's privacy.
Submissions have been grouped alphabetically by surname, business, organisation and Iwi name.
- Akaroa to Auckland [PDF, 4.7 MB]
- Banks to Cranwell [PDF, 4.6 MB]
- East to Huia [PDF, 5 MB]
- Jade to Local [PDF, 4.1 MB]
- Marine to Mountier [PDF, 2.6 MB]
- New Zealand to Otago [PDF, 4.2 MB]
- Pare to Royal [PDF, 3 MB]
- Sanford to Surendran [PDF, 1.8 MB]
- Taniwha to Te Whakakitenga [PDF, 5.1 MB]
- The New Zealand to Willowbrook [PDF, 4.8 MB]
MPI has been working closely with the Ministry for the Environment, the Department of Conservation, and the Aquaculture Reference Group (including members of the aquaculture industry, regional councils, Te Ohu Kaimoana, and the Environmental Defence Society) to address issues identified through consultation and to refine the NES proposal.
MPI will provide the Minister for the Environment and Minister of Fisheries with:
- a section 32 evaluation report
- a report and recommendations on the submissions and the subject matter of the NES.
We expect a final policy recommendation to be provided to Cabinet by late 2018.
Has this been useful? Give us your feedback