Leaving New Zealand
Most countries have their own rules and requirements for accepting different types of goods and packages. Check the requirements before you leave New Zealand.
- Going out of New Zealand for private purposes – NZ Customs Service website
- Quick checklist before you go – Safe Travel website
- Find out about exporting pets
- What can you send by post? – New Zealand Post website
If you're taking non-commercial plants, plant products, animals, or animal products, contact MPI's border clearance services for advice:
- Call 0800 00 83 33
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Travellers returning to New Zealand
If you're planning to return to New Zealand, you should be familiar with the types of goods that must be declared on your return. When returning with a pet, you'll also need to know about the requirements for importing pets.
If you're exporting commercial quantities of goods, you'll need to follow the requirements for your commodity.