UPDATE – 14 JUNE 2016
Submissions and MPI responses
After consultation finished in July 2015, 37 replies were received by MPI from external parties. The submissions were assessed and changes were included in both documents as required. On the question of retraining, the majority of respondents suggested that Accredited Persons (APs) and Transitional Facility Operators (TFOs) should be retrained every 2 years.
- Submissions [PDF, 21 MB]
- Responses to submissions [PDF, 942 KB]
- Final Standard for Transitional Facilities for General Uncleared Risk Goods (MPI-STD-TFGEN) [PDF, 427 KB]
- Final Guidance Document to the Standard for Transitional Facilities for General Uncleared Risk Goods [PDF, 599 KB]
MPI wishes to thank submitters for the comments and suggestions provided.
What's being proposed
A transitional facility standard sets out the requirements in relation to maintaining and operating a transitional facility, and describes how a place becomes approved to this kind of facility.
MPI would like your feedback on the proposed changes to the standard and guidance related to transitional facilities for uncleared risk goods, in particular:
- training for Transitional Facility Operators (TFOs) and Accredited Persons (APs),
- alternative suggestions to assess the competence of APs and TFOs after the initial training is conducted,
- content, duration and testing requirements for AP and TFO training.
Draft transitional facility standard documents
- Draft Facility Standard [PDF, 420 KB]
- Guidance Document [PDF, 587 KB]
- Consultation Document [PDF, 313 KB]
How to make a submission
Comments on the draft documents should be sent to MPI by 5pm on 24 July 2015. MPI prefers to get submissions by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. However, written submissions can also be posted to:
Biosecurity and Environment Group: Standard for General Transitional Facilities for Uncleared Risk Goods Consultation
Plants, Food and Environment Directorate
Regulation and Assurance Branch
Ministry for Primary Industries
PO Box 2526
Fax: +64 4 894 0747
Make sure you include in your submission:
- the title of this discussion document
- your name and title
- your organisation’s name (if you are submitting on behalf of an organisation)
- your contact details (for example, phone number, address and email).
Submissions received by the closure date (24 July 2015) will be considered for the final issue of this facility standard and guidance document. Submissions received after the closure date may be held on file for consideration when the issued standard is next revised or reviewed.
The New Zealand Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI) must consult with interested parties in accordance with section 39(1A) of the Biosecurity Act 1993 (the Act) and MPI’s consultation policy before issuing or amending facility standards under section 39 of the Act.
Submissions are public information
Note, that your submission is public information. Submissions may be the subject of requests for information under the Official Information Act 1982 (OIA). The OIA specifies that information is to be made available to requesters unless there are sufficient grounds for withholding it, as set out in the OIA. Submitters may wish to indicate grounds for withholding specific information contained in their submission, such as the information is commercially sensitive or they wish personal information to be withheld. Any decision to withhold information requested under the OIA is reviewable by the Ombudsman.