Update – 24 January 2018
Final IHS, guidance document, and risk management proposal
The new import health standard for egg products was issued on 23 January 2018:
- Import Health Standard: Egg Products [PDF, 679 KB]
- Guidance document: Egg products [PDF, 151 KB]
- Risk management proposal: Egg products [PDF, 394 KB]
The Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI) sought comment on the proposed Import Health Standard: Egg Products.
Full details of the proposed changes were in the consultation document Risk management proposal: Egg products.
- Import health standard: Egg Products [PDF, 318 KB]
- Guidance Document: Egg Products [PDF, 372 KB]
- Risk Management Proposal: Egg Products [PDF, 349 KB]
- Risk Analysis: Egg products [PDF, 860 KB]
- WTO notification - G/SPS/N/NZL/531 [PDF, 46 KB]
Submissions closed at 5pm on 22 April 2016.
Submissions are public information
Any submission you make becomes public information. Anyone can ask for copies of all submissions under the Official Information Act 1982 (OIA). The OIA says we must make the information available unless we have a good reason for withholding it. You can find those grounds in sections 6 and 9 of the OIA. Tell us if you think there are grounds to withhold specific information in your submission. Reasons might include, it's commercially sensitive or it's personal information. However, any decision MPI makes to withhold information can be reviewed by the Ombudsman, who may require the information be released.
Find out more
Steps to importing eggs and egg products
Who to contact
If you have questions about this consultation, email email@example.com