UPDATE – 3 FEBRUARY 2020
The new Risk Management Programme (RMP) Template for Harvesting, Candling or Packing Eggs has now come into force.
UPDATE – 6 DECEMBER 2019
This consultation closed on 19 July 2019.
The new Risk Management Programme (RMP) Template for Harvesting, Candling or Packing Eggs will come into force on 3 February 2020.
It revokes and replaces the current RMP Template for Eggs 2007. The new RMP template has been reviewed to update current legislative requirements and to transfer it into the new 'Know, Do, Show and Reference' format.
The revised format clearly sets out:
- what the operators need to know
- what they need to do
- the records they need to show to their verifier.
It also has a reference section on the relevant regulatory requirements.
The template reflects the new Animal Products Notice: Specifications for Products Intended for Human Consumption that came into force on the 2 December 2019.
Moving to the new template
The new RMP template comes into effect on 3 February 2020. Operators are expected to implement the new template from this date. Verifiers will check compliance of an operator's transition to the new template on the next scheduled verification visit.
Summary of submissions and reference table
MPI has also released a summary of submissions received during the consultation and a reference table, showing changes to the section numbering between the 2007 template and the new template.
Summary of submissions [PDF, 494 KB]
Reference table for old and new section numbering [PDF, 443 KB]
Background to consultation
The Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI) sought feedback on the revised Risk Management Programme (RMP) Template for Harvesting, Candling or Packing Eggs.
The aim of this review was to update to current legislative requirements in the template and transfer it into a new ‘know, do, show and reference’ format.
The intention was to replace the June 2007 Risk Management Template for Eggs. The review of the template has been undertaken by a working group consisting of members from MPI and the Egg Producers Federation (EPF).
(The June 2007 Risk Management Template for Eggs can be found on: Documents for egg processing)
Have your say
MPI invited you to comment on the Risk Management Programme (RMP) Template for Harvesting, Candling or Packing Eggs. MPI was particularly interested in your feedback on these questions:
- Is the level of detail appropriate for the eggs sector?
- Are the technical aspects correct?
- Are the procedures practical and achievable for the eggs sector?
MPI also sought feedback on the related guidance document, Egg pulping for RMPs and FCPs and draft egg sector forms in the RMP operator resource toolkit. The guide was developed to help operators understand the requirements of processing raw and pasteurised egg pulp.
- Draft Risk Management Programme (RMP) Template for Harvesting, Candling or Packing Eggs [PDF, 1.5 MB] (changes highlighted)
- Draft guidance document: Egg Pulping for RMPs and FCPs [PDF, 737 KB]
- Draft eggs sector forms in the RMP operator resource toolkit [PDF, 503 KB]
- Discussion document on the review of the Risk Management Programme (RMP) Template for Harvesting, Candling or Packing Eggs [PDF, 497 KB]
- Proposed amendments to the Risk Management Programme (RMP) Template for Harvesting, Candling or Packing Eggs [PDF, 583 KB]
- RMP operator resource toolkit [DOCX, 566 KB]
Submissions closed on 19 July 2019.
Submissions are public information
Note that any submission you make becomes public information. People can ask for copies of submissions under the Official Information Act 1982 (OIA). The OIA says we have to make submissions available unless we have a good reason for withholding it. That is explained in sections 6 and 9 of the OIA.
Tell us if you think there are grounds to withhold specific information in your submission. Reasons might include that it's commercially sensitive or it's personal information. However, any decision MPI makes to withhold information can be reviewed by the Ombudsman, who may tell us to release it.