The Minister for Primary Industries has decided on interim set net restrictions in the Taranaki area, from Pariokariwa Point to Hawera, to protect Maui’s dolphins. The restrictions will stay in place while the Maui’s dolphin component of the Hector’s and Maui’s Dolphin Threat Management Plan (TMP) is reviewed and the nature of future possible measures is decided.
The Minister’s decision letter provides the details of, and reasons for his decision, including the proposed date for new rules to come into effect.
- Download Minister’s Decision Letter [PDF, 1.4 MB]
- Download Final Advice Paper Part One [PDF, 4.6 MB]
- Download Final Advice Paper Part Two [PDF, 3.2 MB]
- Download Consultation Paper [PDF, 504 KB]
- Map - Taranaki Area Set Net [JPG, 175 KB]
Taranaki Set Net Prohibition Notice (New Zealand Legislation website)