Update – 10 September 2018
Following consultation, the revised Animal Products Notice: Dairy Recognised Agencies and Persons Specifications has been published. A summary of the submission received during the consultation is also available.
What was proposed?
The Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI) proposed to amend the Animal Products Notice: Dairy Recognised Agencies and Persons Specifications.
The Notice specifies the procedures and requirements for the recognition of agencies and persons.
The proposed amendments included:
- a process for the recognition of farm dairy assessment organisations and farm dairy assessors
- revised categories for recognition
- elevation of competencies for recognised persons from guidance
- elevation of minimum reporting requirements from guidance
- incorporation of the key technical personnel (KTP) model
- a performance-based frequency for peer reviews of recognised persons.
The consultation closed at 5pm on 7 May 2018.
Submissions are public information
Note, that any submission you make becomes public information. People can ask for copies of submissions under the Official Information Act 1982 (OIA). The OIA says we have to make submissions available unless we have a good reason for withholding it (refer to sections 6 and 9 of the OIA).
Tell us if you think there are grounds to withhold specific information in your submission. Reasons might include that it's commercially sensitive or it's personal information. However, any decision MPI makes to withhold information can be reviewed by the Ombudsman, who may tell us to release it.