Update – May 2018
The new regulated control scheme notices for transport and wharves (handling) have been published with a commencement date of 1 August 2018. The Animal Products Notice: Export Verification Requirements 2016 will also be published shortly with an amended Schedule 1 to reflect the impending changes.
- Regulated Control Scheme - Transportation and Handling of Products for Export with an Official Assurance – Animal Products Notice 2018 [PDF, 521 KB]
- Export Requirements for Transportation of Products for Export with an Official Assurance – Animal Products Notice 2018 [PDF, 437 KB]
Summary of submissions
The Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI) proposes to amend the following Animal Products Notices:
- Animal Products (Regulated Control Scheme - Transport of Export Animal Products and Animal Material for Export with an Official Assurance) Notice 2009
- Animal Products (Regulated Control Scheme – Handling of Export Animal Products and Animal Material at Wharves) Notice 2010
- Animal Products (Transport of Export Animal Products and Handling at Point of Export) Notice 2009
- Animal Products Notice: Export Verification Requirements 2016 only Schedule 1.
MPI proposes to revoke the 2 separate RCSs and replace them with a single RCS for both transportation and wharves. The enabling notice for the RCS needs to be retained but MPI proposes to make changes to this notice as part of this process. A discussion document has been developed to explain the main changes proposed. Also in the discussion document is the proposed changes to the verification frequencies of Schedule 1 in the Animal Products Notice: Export Verification Requirements.
Have your say
MPI invites you to comment on these 2 proposed Animal Products Notices and Schedule 1 of the Export Verification Requirements. MPI is particularly interested in your feedback on these questions:
- Is the level of detail appropriate for transport and wharf operators?
- Are the technical aspects correct?
- Export Requirements for Transportation of Products for Export with an Official Assurance [PDF, 372 KB]
- Animal Products Notice: Regulated Control Scheme – Transportation and Handling of Products for Export with an Official Assurance [PDF, 496 KB]
- Discussion Document on Review of Transport and Wharves Regulated Control Schemes [PDF, 356 KB]
Making your submission
Email your feedback on the consultation document by 5pm on 22 September 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage you to use the submissions template:
- Download the submission template [PDF, 263 KB]
While we prefer email, you can post your submission to:
RCS Transportation and Handling of Products Submission
Ministry for Primary Industries
PO Box 2526
Submissions are public information
Note, comments you make in a submission are public information. Anyone can ask for copies of all submissions under the Official Information Act 1982 (OIA). The OIA says we must make the information available, unless we have a good reason for withholding it. You can find those grounds in sections 6 and 9 of the OIA. Tell us if you think there are grounds to withhold specific information in your feedback. Reasons might include, it's commercially sensitive or it's personal information. However, any decision MPI makes to withhold information can be reviewed by the Ombudsman, who may require the information be released.