Proposed changes to the Fisheries (Seabird Mitigation Measures–Surface Longlines) Circular 2014
Have your say
Fisheries New Zealand is seeking feedback on proposed changes to the Fisheries (Seabird Mitigation Measures–Surface Longlines) Circular 2014 to apply to all surface longline vessels operating in New Zealand waters. This follows adoption of a revised seabird conservation and management measure at the Western and Central Pacific Fisheries Commission (WCPFC) in December 2017.
- Proposed changes to the Fisheries (Seabird Mitigation Measures–Surface Longlines) Circular 2014 [PDF, 55 KB]
- Appendix 1 – Draft amended Fisheries (Seabird Mitigation Measures-Surface Longline) Circular 2018 [PDF, 385 KB]
- Conservation and management measure to mitigate the impact of fishing for highly migratory fish stocks on seabirds [PDF, 628 KB]
Making your submission
The consultation closes at 5pm on 27 July 2018.
Email your feedback to FMsubmissions@mpi.govt.nz
While we prefer email, you can post written submissions to:
Highly Migratory Species Team
Fisheries New Zealand
PO Box 2526
Make sure you include in your submission:
- the title of the consultation document
- your name and title
- your organisation's name (if you are submitting on behalf of an organisation, and whether your submission represents the whole organisation or a section of it)
- your contact details (such as phone number, address, and email).
Submissions are public information
Note, that any submission you make becomes public information. People can ask for copies of submissions under the Official Information Act 1982 (OIA). The OIA says we have to make submissions available unless we have a good reason for withholding it. That is explained in sections 6 and 9 of the OIA.
Tell us if you think there are grounds to withhold specific information in your submission. Reasons might include that it's commercially sensitive or it's personal information. However, any decision MPI makes to withhold information can be reviewed by the Ombudsman, who may tell us to release it.