Have your say
We want your feedback on the proposed changes to the Food Notice: Requirements for Recognised Agencies and Persons.
The notice sets out the requirements, including technical competencies, for persons or groups of people recognised by you to carry out evaluation and verification functions and activities under the Food Act 2014.
Submissions close at 5pm on Wednesday, 7 June 2023.
Proposed Food Notice: Requirements for Recognised Agencies and Persons [PDF, 393 KB]
Food Notice: Requirements for Recognised Agencies and Persons [PDF, 268 KB]
Change table for the proposed Food Notice to the current Food Notice [PDF, 220 KB]
What is being proposed?
We propose the following amendments:
- introduce the rules for directed verification of registered food importers, and
- update the rules for continuing professional development (CPD), and
- make general updates throughout the notice.
A précis of the detailed proposals are in the Change table for the proposed Food Notice to the current Food Notice.
Making a submission
Email your feedback on the draft Notice by 5pm on 7 June 2023.
We encourage you to use the submission form [DOCX, 78 KB]
Email your submission to ContinuingProfessionalDev@mpi.govt.nz
Answer a question for us on Part 2: Competencies for recognised agencies and persons:
Is there a need to require additional competencies for recognised persons – for example, a New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA) unit standard in Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP), or the successful completion of an NZQA registered course in HACCP? If so what do you think they should be?
Make sure you tell us in your submission:
- the title of the consultation document
- your name and title
- your organisation's name (if you are submitting on behalf of an organisation, and whether your submission represents the whole organisation or a section of it)
- your contact details (such as address and email)
- the answer to the question provided in the Feedback Submission form.
While we prefer email, you can send your submission by post to:
Food Regulation Capability Team
Ministry for Primary Industries
PO Box 2526