Proposed RCS and RMP templates for the transport of animal material and products, including dairy
UPDATE – 22 AUGUST 2018
We've published the final versions of the regulated control scheme (RCS) and risk management programme (RMP) templates. No submissions were received during the public consultation that ran from 25 June to 20 July 2018, The updated templates are in a new style.
This consultation related to 2 animal product Notices that were published in May 2018. The requirements of those Notices came into effect on 1 August 2018:
- Regulated Control Scheme – Transportation and Handling of Products for Export with an Official Assurance 2018 [PDF, 521 KB]
- Export Requirements for Transportation of Products for Export with an Official Assurance [PDF, 437 KB]
The new Notices have requirements for the transportation and handling (including at wharves) of relevant goods (such as animal material and products) and additional requirements for the transportation of refrigerated relevant goods.
New templates to help you meet requirements
The Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI) updated 3 templates that reflected the requirements under these Notices:
- Regulated Control Scheme (RCS) Template for the Transport of Animal Material and Product
- RCS Template for Handling Animal Material and Product at Wharves
- Risk Manamagemt Programme (RMP) Template for the Transport of Dairy Material and Dairy Products.
The updated templates were also in a new style. We wanted your feedback on the templates.
- Discussion document on the update of RCS and RMP Templates for Transport [PDF, 74 KB]
- Draft for consultation RCS Template for the Transport of Animal Material and Product [PDF, 586 KB]
- Draft for consultation RCS Template for Handling Animal Material and Product at Wharves [PDF, 484 KB]
- Draft for consultation RMP Template for the Transport of Dairy Material and Dairy Products [PDF, 430 KB]
Have your say
MPI invited you to comment on the draft templates. We were particularly interested in your feedback on these questions:
- Are the technical aspects correct?
- Is the level of detail appropriate for the RCS/RMP operators?
- Are the procedures practical and achievable for the sector?
- Are there any areas that need more guidance?
Submissions closed at 5pm on 20 July 2018.
Submissions are public information
Note, that any submission you make becomes public information. People can ask for copies of submissions under the Official Information Act 1982 (OIA). The OIA says we have to make submissions available unless we have a good reason for withholding it (refer to sections 6 and 9 of the OIA).
Tell us if you think there are grounds to withhold specific information in your submission. Reasons might include that it's commercially sensitive or it's personal information. However, any decision Fisheries New Zealand makes to withhold information can be reviewed by the Ombudsman, who may tell us to release it.