The Operational Code: Processing of Bee Products and 2 risk management programme (RMP) templates are intended to assist operators to meet the regulatory requirements of the Animal Products Act 1999. The current code needs to be revised to include more of the common products and processes, and the existing RMP templates are out of date with current practices. Those templates are the:
- RMP Template for Honey and Dried Pollen
- RMP Template for Storage of Bulk Honey.
Find the existing code and templates
Have your say
The Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI) wants your feedback on the revised code and the templates. We're particularly interested in answers to these questions:
- Is the level of detail appropriate?
- Are the technical aspects correct?
- Are the procedures practical and achievable?
- Are there any areas that need more guidance?
- Draft Operational Code: Processing of Bee Products [PDF, 3.3 MB]
- Draft Risk Management Programme (RMP) Template for Bee Products [PDF, 448 KB]
- Draft Risk Management Programme (RMP) Template for Storage of Bulk Honey [PDF, 320 KB]
- Discussion Document on the Review of the code for bee products and the 2 RMP templates [PDF, 258 KB]
Making your submission
Submissions close at 5pm on 17 August 2018. Email your feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org
To help you give feedback use the submissions template [DOCX, 195 KB]
While we prefer email, you can post written submissions to:
Operational Code Bee Products Submission
Ministry for Primary Industries
PO Box 2526
Submissions are public information
Note, that any submission you make becomes public information. People can ask for copies of submissions under the Official Information Act 1982 (OIA). The OIA says we have to make submissions available unless we have a good reason for withholding it (refer to sections 6 and 9 of the OIA).
Tell us if you think there are grounds to withhold specific information in your submission. Reasons might include that it's commercially sensitive or it's personal information. However, any decision MPI makes to withhold information can be reviewed by the Ombudsman, who may tell us to release it.