When to wash your hands
You should wash your hands after:
- handling raw meat and poultry (like chicken)
- going to the toilet or changing nappies
- touching pets or animals
- other activities that make your hands dirty.
How to wash your hands
- Wash your hands for 20 seconds using warm running water and soap.
- Clean under each fingernail using soap and a nail brush.
- Dry your hands for 20 seconds using a clean dry towel or paper towel.
Find out more
How to wash your hands information card [PDF, 232 KB]
Who to contact
If you have questions about food safety at home, email email@example.com