About the hazard database
The searchable MPI hazard database provides information on food safety hazards that can occur in New Zealand foods, including:
- hazards associated with a particular food type
- hazard sources
- applicable regulatory limits
- actions a food operator can take to control the hazard.
Accessing the hazard database
The hazard database is a valuable tool for:
- food business operators developing risk-based programmes, including: Food Control Plans (FCPs), Risk Management Programmes (RMPs) or Wine Standards Management Plans (WSMPs)
- other people, such as: regulators, auditors, students and consumers.
Guidelines for using the hazard database
The following document explains how to use the MPI hazard database.
How to use the hazard database [PDF, 126 KB]
We would appreciate your comments on the database. Send us your comments and recommendations by filling in the feedback form.
Feedback form [PDF, 92 KB]