The searchable MPI hazard database provides information on food safety hazards that can occur in New Zealand foods.
About the hazard database
The searchable MPI hazard database provides information on food safety hazards that can occur in New Zealand foods, including:
- hazards associated with a particular food type
- hazard sources
- applicable regulatory limits
- actions a food operator can take to control the hazard.
Accessing the hazard database
The hazard database is a valuable tool for:
- food business operators developing risk-based programmes, including: Food Control Plans (FCPs), Risk Management Programmes (RMPs) or Wine Standards Management Plans (WSMPs)
- other people, such as: regulators, auditors, students and consumers.
Guidelines for using the hazard database
The following document explains how to use the MPI hazard database.
How to use the hazard database [PDF, 126 KB]
We would appreciate your comments on the database. Send us your comments and recommendations by filling in the feedback form.
Feedback form [PDF, 92 KB]
We're making improvements to our feedback form and it's temporarily unavailable.
For urgent problems, call 0800 00 83 33 (NZ only)