About foodborne hazard data sheets
Foodborne hazard data sheets include:
- pathogen data sheets
- chemical information sheets
- FSANZ hazard information.
What hazard data sheets cover
Pathogen data sheets and the FSANZ hazard information describe:
- microbial pathogens
- conditions that support or prevent their growth
- the means to control them and the illnesses they cause.
Browse hazard data sheets
Pathogen data sheets and chemical information sheets are on this page.
How hazard data sheets are prepared
Pathogen data sheets and chemical information sheets are prepared for us by the Institute of Environmental Science and Research Limited (ESR). They're updated when significant new scientific information becomes available. Food Standards Australia New Zealand (FSANZ) also prepares pathogen information sheets.
How hazard data sheets are used
The information is used by:
- food industry associations
- food businesses
- food safety consultants.
The information helps them to understand hazards they need to control:
- in their food processes
- in their clients' food processes.
The hazard data sheets provide essential information for businesses developing programmes based on Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP).
The information is also useful for:
- regulators when developing requirements for risk-based food control programmes
- approved auditors when assessing the safety of food processes.
Publications on the FSANZ website
FSANZ produces publications about the micro-organisms that cause foodborne illness.
The publications have information on: