Applying for Greenhouse Gas Inventory Research funding
Find out how to apply to the Greenhouse Gas Inventory Research (GHGIR) Fund and how we assess applications.
How to apply for GHGIR funding
To request an application form for the Greenhouse Gas Inventory Research (GHGIR) Fund, email firstname.lastname@example.org
What to include in your GHGIR application
- clearly describe the scientific methodology of the proposed work
- identify the project's deliverables and key risks
- describe how the project will be successfully delivered
- consider Māori perspectives, aspirations, and opportunities
- include a realistic budget and timeframe
- include a well-considered project plan.
To assess your application, we need robust information and as much evidence as possible.
How we assess funding applications
Applications are assessed against 7 criteria to determine how well they qualify and whether they will receive funding.
- Alignment to the emissions reporting needs of agriculture, forestry, and other land uses.
- Value for money.
- Ability to deliver outcomes.
- Alignment to research priorities.
- Science excellence.
We encourage collaboration between multiple research organisations.
Applications are assessed by a panel of government and industry experts. Final decisions are made by the Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI). All applicants are told whether they were successful after the panel meeting. Successful applicants can then finalise their project milestones and sign GHGIR funding contracts.
Projects can begin once the contract is signed.
Greenhouse gas research funding round timetable
Each funding round is made up of 5 stages:
- April to early June: MPI determines the priorities for the inventory.
- Mid-June: Priorities are released and the funding round is open to applications.
- Late July and August: MPI assesses applications.
- Early September: Applicants are told the results of their applications.
- September: Contracts are signed with successful applicants.
Who to contact
If you have questions about the GHGIR Fund, email email@example.com