Importing biological products
Biological products from animals and plants, including samples, must meet strict biosecurity requirements to be imported into New Zealand. Applications to import biological products are assessed on a case-by-case basis.
- Import health standard (IHS) for biological products
- Application for permit to import biologicals, microorganisms and cell cultures (animal imports)
- Application for Permit to Import plant derived material, microorganisms associated with plants, soil or water
- Guidance document for biological products
- Declare potential risk goods
Who to contact
If you have any questions about importing biological animal products, email email@example.com.
If your biological products are plant-based, email firstname.lastname@example.org.