Proposed Animal Products Notice: Dairy Recognised Agencies and Persons Specifications
Update – 10 September 2018
Following consultation, the revised Animal Products Notice: Dairy Recognised Agencies and Persons Specifications has been published. A summary of the submission received during the consultation is also available.
- Animal Products Notice: Dairy Recognised Agencies and Persons Specifications [PDF, 574 KB]
- Summary of submission [PDF, 437 KB]
What is proposed?
The Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI) proposes to amend the Animal Products Notice: Dairy Recognised Agencies and Persons Specifications.
The Notice specifies the procedures and requirements for the recognition of agencies and persons.
The proposed amendments include:
- a process for the recognition of farm dairy assessment organisations and farm dairy assessors
- revised categories for recognition
- elevation of competencies for recognised persons from guidance
- elevation of minimum reporting requirements from guidance
- incorporation of the key technical personnel (KTP) model
- a performance-based frequency for peer reviews of recognised persons.
- Discussion document [PDF, 203 KB]
Have your say
MPI invites you to comment on the proposed Notice by 5pm on Monday 7 May 2018.
Email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage you to use the submission template. This will also help us analyse submissions.
- Submission template [PDF, 234 KB]
While we prefer email, you can post written submissions to:
Dairy RA and P Consultation
Animal and Animal Products
Ministry for Primary Industries
PO Box 2526
What to include in your submission
Make sure your submission includes:
- your name and title
- your company's name, if applicable
- your address and contact details (phone, fax, and email)
- the section title or clause your comments refer to, if applicable
- comments describing the issue with the current clause
- the proposed amendment (optional).
The template will help you complete your submission.
Submissions are public information
Note, that any submission you make becomes public information. People can ask for copies of submissions under the Official Information Act 1982 (OIA). The OIA says we have to make submissions available unless we have a good reason for withholding it (refer to sections 6 and 9 of the OIA).
Tell us if you think there are grounds to withhold specific information in your submission. Reasons might include that it's commercially sensitive or it's personal information. However, any decision MPI makes to withhold information can be reviewed by the Ombudsman, who may tell us to release it.
Has this been useful? Give us your feedback