A list of requirements you need to meet when exporting your pet.

Animal Welfare Export Certificate (AWEC)

If you're exporting live animals, you're legally required to get an Animal Welfare Export Certificate (AWEC), unless you have an exemption under law.

Laboratory requirements

All laboratories that test live animals, semen and embryos and germplasm for export must operate under the Recognised Laboratory Programme.


The Animal Products (Export Requirements- Cats and Dogs) Notice 2012- Microchipping Requirement applies to the export of cats and dogs from New Zealand in respect of which an official assurance is required.

OMARs and export certificate templates

To view the password-protected export certificate templates, click the '+' next to the OMAR for your commodity and destination.

Registered users having trouble logging in to view the templates, or who want more information, can email

If you're a new user, complete and return the form to request access to the templates.

If you can't find an OMAR for your pet from this list:

If you can't find an OMAR for your pet on either list, work directly with your importing agent to find out the requirements.

Tips - try using:
  • one word for precise results - for example, alligator
  • multiple words for broader results. For example, alligator meat returns documents with either alligator or meat
  • quotation marks to search a specific term - for example, 'alligator meat' returns documents with the exact phrase 'alligator meat'

Dogs and Cats (non-commercial) to Pakistan - OMAR

Open / Close

Download document [PDF, 21 KB]

Overseas Market Access Requirement (OMAR)
Last reviewed:
Has this been useful? Give us your feedback