A list of Food Act 2014 requirements.
Complete our survey
How much does it cost you to comply with food safety laws?
We know that costs are important to everyone. Let us know how much you spend on food safety law by taking a short survey.
You could win a $200 discount on your next food business verification. We have 8 to give away.
As you probably know, a new food safety law – the Food Act 2014 – is being implemented. This survey will help us understand how much you spend now so that we can monitor how the new law affects you. This will help us to make changes if we need to.
Regulations in force until 28 February 2019
Food Notice: Recognised Agencies and Persons [PDF, 246 KB]
Food Notice: Food Control Plans and National Programmes [PDF, 280 KB]
Food Notice: Importing Food [PDF, 249 KB]
Template food control plan
- 2015 Food Control Plan - Basics Pack [PDF, 2.9 MB]
- 2015 Food Control Plan - Diary [PDF, 1.4 MB]
- 2015 Food Control Plan - Retail Basics [PDF, 1.3 MB]
- 2015 Food Control Plan - Serve Safe [PDF, 3 MB]
- 2015 Food Control Plan - Baking Safe [PDF, 1.5 MB]
- 2015 Food Control Plan - Fish Safe [PDF, 1.5 MB]
- 2015 Food Control Plan - Butchery Safe [PDF, 1.9 MB]
- 2015 Food Control Plan - Deli Safe [PDF, 1.8 MB]
New Zealand Food (Supplemented Food) Standard 2016 [PDF, 149 KB]
Food (Uncooked Comminuted Fermented Meat) Standard 2008 [PDF, 106 KB]
Food (Tutin in Honey) Standard 2016 [PDF, 107 KB]