Have your say
Biosecurity New Zealand is proposing some changes to the requirements for importing hop plants for planting. This is the second consultation we've held this year about importing hop plants.
We appreciate the replies and information we got during the first consultation on the risk management proposal.
We reviewed the submissions from the first consultation and have:
- revised some proposed import requirements
- included some more specific information from our risk analysis
- provided more clarity on parts of the proposal that needed it.
Based on the revised risk management proposal, we have also drafted an import health standard. An import health standard is the legislative document that specifies the requirements for importing.
This consultation is open for submissions between 15 December 2023 and 5pm on 2 February 2024.
Making a submission
Email your submission to us at PlantImports@mpi.govt.nz
We want to hear your feedback, technical information, scientific evidence, industry knowledge, and suggestions on:
- the measures we're proposing and their effective risk management for imported hop plants
- the feasibility of importing under the proposed requirements
- the understandability of the draft import health standard.